It's possible that your iliopsoas is rotating your pelvis and causing the other muscles (including your lats) to go into a spasm because they are being torqued. I suggest you add in the protocol for the iliopsoas, quadriceps and other muscles that rotate your pelvis.
Do you have The Pain-Free Triathlete
or Treat Yourself to Pain-Free Living
? Since Treat Yourself to Pain-Free Living
is my newest book (Jan 2008) I'll post the pages with the protocol, and if you have The Pain-Free Triathlete
you can still find the treatments, there are just fewer variations of each treatment.
Here's the protocol:T is Treatment. S is Stretch.
1. quadriceps (just the treatment, not the stretch yet) (T-138) (S-139)
2. tensor fascia lata and gluteus minimus (hip) (T-133/135) (S-134)
3. piriformis (butt - actually, all the muscles that originate on your sacrum, but as you treat this one you'll be getting the others) both the treatment and the stretch. (T-129) (S-131)
4. gluteus maximus – continue along the same line as the piriformis treatment above. The gluteus maximus is just posterior to the piriformis.
5. erector spinae (long muscle of your back, be sure you don't press on your spine), just the treatment for now. (T-108) (S-104)
6. quadratus lumborum (low back - you'll treat this at the end of the erector spinae treatment) (T-121) (S-122)
7. go along the top of your posterior pelvis to treat the insertion of the quadratus lumborum and the gluteus maximus muscles (Chart10)
8. iliopsoas stretch (be sure your knee is pointing toward the ground and that the bent knee is further back than the standing leg) (S-125)
9. treatment and stretch for the erector spinae, which will also treat the quadratus lumborum (T-108) (S-104)
10. quadratus lumborum stretch (T-121) (S-122)
11. quadriceps again, this time do the treatment and the stretch (T-138) (S-139)
12. hamstring treatment and stretch (T-138) (S-139)
13. iliopsoas stretch again (S-125)
Let me know how you're doing after you do this protocol.
I can't email you because we don't get that information, I'll need you to contact me (email@example.com
Wishing you well,